We’d like to share these high-end apps and references with you :
E6B Flight Computer & Aviation Unit Converter
CrewLounge CONVERT is a mobile app for iOS and Android to perform 24 different flight calculations and aviation unit conversions.
- decode Snowtam (GRF, MOTNE, CFRI)
- calculate Cold Temperature Altimeter Correction
- calculate Fuel Uplift with Density, Endurance, Range, Track Time
- convert ATC Metric Levels to Flight Levels
- convert units for Fuel Flow, Distance, Weight, Surface Area, Speed and Fluid
- convert units for Angles, including % Slope
- convert units for Temperature, Air Pressure and Power, including Jet Engine Thrust
- convert Mach-CAS-EAS-TAS
- calculate the Wind Triangle based on W/V, GS / TAS, HDG / CRS, including Drift and Wind Component
- calculate Runway Crosswind
- calculate Obstacle Climb Gradient and required Rate of Climb
and other Swiss-knife tools, such as:
- Decibels Sound Meter (measure the sound in the cockpit, the hangar, the apron or your hotel room)
The app runs in 14 different languages: English, Français, Deutsch, Español, Português, Русский, Türkçe, … Your language can be added too.
CrewLounge CONVERT is part of the CrewLounge AERO aviation suite, however it does not require any account registration. Download the app straight from your favorite app store.
The world’s No. 1 reference for Boeing 737 pilots
This Management Reference Guide is the world’s most trusted reference for professional pilots on the Boeing 737. With 5 editions (from the Classic 737-300 until the MAX 737-10) combined in a single mobile app, you get access to 1,800 non-normals and 2,500 illustrations!
The MRG goes beyond the many system handbooks, as it:
- explains conditions for all warning lights to illuminate
- describes how to manage flight once a failure has occurred
- proposes methods to solve or to work around the problem
- alerts for potential subsequent (double) failures
- contains many thumb-rules, tips-&-tricks and instructor training notes
- refers to FCOM, QRH, FCTM, DDG-MEL, EASA-FAA
Captain Pat BOONE is a senior instructor with more than 30 years and 20,000 flight hours on Boeing 737-767-787 aircraft.
Aircraft performance inside an app
The B737 PRH is the ultimate reference for pilots seeking clear explanation of aircraft performance. Based on the Boeing 737 NG, the PRH is also practical for other professional twin-jet pilots (Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, etc), airline dispatchers and trainees.
Especially since most performance computations get computerized, the B737 PRH is the best reference to keep you familiar with the full meaning behind those calculations, and the legal requirements.
Performance regulations are based on EASA and FAA rule making agencies, and topped with ICAO definitions and remarks.
The contents consist of:
- BASIC PERFORMANCE NOTES explaining the Regulations regarding Takeoff, Enroute and Landing (dispatch / inflight)
- PERFORMANCE DATA explaining FCOM tables for the Boeing 737NG
- DATA APPLICATION explaining how to use the various tables plus interesting additional operational information
- APPENDICES explaining runway reports and contains the app legend and reference sources
Author Maurits Hulshof is a senior 737 training captain from the Netherlands. He holds an aeronautical engineering degree.
The PRH is available as paper book and electronic app. Read more…
Maths & Physics
How to make the transition from High School to Professional Pilot Training?
“Math & Physics for pilots” is reference material developed specifically for this purpose. In this book, the author explains once again the essential mathematical and physical principles, usually already addressed in High School. However, a first transition is made from the relevant, but abstract principles, to aviation topics, that will be dealt with in the theoretical training, aimed at obtaining an initial European professional pilot license (CPL/IR/ME, or “Frozen ATPL”).
An absolute must for all young people dreaming of one day being a successful professional pilot.