We’d like to share these high-end apps and references with you :
The mobile app to convert aviation units and metrics
mccCONVERT is a independent mobile app to convert units, calculate Mach/Airspeed, decode Snowtam and calculate Obstacle Climb Gradient.
- decode Snowtam (MOTNE format)
- calculate Cold Temperature Altitude Corrections
- calculate Fuel Uplift with Density, Endurance & Range
- convert units for Fuel Flow, Distance, Weight, Fluid, Surface Area, and Speed, including Beaufort
- convert units for Angles, including % Slope
- convert units for Temperature, Air Pressure and Power, including Jet Engine Thrust
- convert Mach-CAS-EAS-TAS based on TAT / SAT and Pressure Altitude
- calculate the Wind Triangle based on W/V, GS / TAS, HDG / CRS, including Drift and Wind Component
- calculate Runway Crosswind
- calculate Obstacle Climb Gradient and required Rate of Climb
- calculate Track Time
The app runs in English and several other languages. Download straight from your favorite app store.
The world’s No. 1 reference for Boeing 737 airline pilots
This MRG (Management Reference Guide) provides technical notes and management advise to handle over 300 non-normals. With 6 editions (from the 737-200 until the 737-MAX10) you get access to 1,800 non-normals and more than 2,500 illustrations!
The MRG is a practical guide and goes beyond the many system handbooks. This guide :
- explains conditions for all warning lights to illuminate
- describes how to manage flight once a failure has occurred
- proposes methods to solve or to work around the problem
- alerts for potential subsequent (double) failures
- contains many thumb-rules and tips-&-tricks
- refers to FCOM, QRH, FCTM, DDG-MEL, EASA-FAA
Captain Pat BOONE has more than 30 years and 20,000 hours line and training experience on Boeing aircraft.
Aircraft performance inside an app
The B737 PRH is the ultimate reference for pilots seeking clear explanation of aircraft performance. Based on the Boeing 737 NG, the PRH is also practical for other professional twin-jet pilots (Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, etc), airline dispatchers and trainees.
Especially since most performance computations get computerized, the B737 PRH is the best reference to keep you familiar with the full meaning behind those calculations, and the legal requirements.
Performance regulations are based on EASA and FAA rule making agencies, and topped with ICAO definitions and remarks.
The contents consist of:
- BASIC PERFORMANCE NOTES explaining the Regulations regarding Takeoff, Enroute and Landing (dispatch / inflight)
- PERFORMANCE DATA explaining FCOM tables for the Boeing 737NG
- DATA APPLICATION explaining how to use the various tables plus interesting additional operational information
- APPENDICES explaining runway reports and contains the app legend and reference sources
Author Maurits Hulshof is a senior 737 training captain from the Netherlands. He holds an aeronautical engineering degree.
The PRH is available as paper book and electronic app. Read more…
Maths & Physics
How to make the transition from High School to Professional Pilot Training?
“Math & Physics for pilots” is reference material developed specifically for this purpose. In this book, the author explains once again the essential mathematical and physical principles, usually already addressed in High School. However, a first transition is made from the relevant, but abstract principles, to aviation topics, that will be dealt with in the theoretical training, aimed at obtaining an initial European professional pilot license (CPL/IR/ME, or “Frozen ATPL”).
An absolute must for all young people dreaming of one day being a successful professional pilot.